To see the author of this article and other ones like this, go to twitter.com/APPLEEVA
To all the girls and guys younger than fifteen/sixteen:
When you get to my age you will most likely be bombarded with alcohol, sex, drugs and cigarettes and it is obviously your choice whether you decide to start having sex, drinking, smoking and doing drugs but here are just a few points:
1) Say when you’re 35 years old you are married with a few children and you’re looking back on your life 20 years ago (aka present time) and all you see are parties, alcohol, one night stands and that day you took a breath of your first cigarette and you’re just thinking how stupid you are for letting yourself slip into that situation your mum warned you about. Thinking how ‘cool’ and ‘in with the crowd’ you thought you were, when you were just screwing your life up…
2) Imagine your 15 year old daughter tells you she’s having sex. What’s your reaction? Yeah, probably the same as if you told your parents now what you’re doing.. Just think before you get into bed with somebody!
3) You’re 60 and just got diagnosed with lung cancer. Congratulations 14 year old self, 46 years later you’ll be told you have cancer. Nice going. Bet you regret smoking now, don’t you?
4) Addicted to drugs and can’t stop? Ending up going to a rehabiliation centre and your young children are taken off you. Woaw… Are you proud of what you did that night in July then?
5) Underage drinking on the street and it’s your THIRD time caught. Wayhee, that goes down on your police records. No travelling for you!
I’m not saying don’t do these things, all I’m saying is you will MOST LIKELY regret these things in later life. Hey, I’m not innocent! When I first got drunk I was 14 and looking back, I just think how stupid I was for doing it and I made a full of myself that night too. Not proud of it!
All I want to say is when you’re young, you will make mistakes but hopefully, and I pray to God you all will have your wits about you when you get to around my age and older.
Teenage years are not about having sex, getting drunk, smoking and drug-doing, yes they may be here for having fun and enjoying your freedom (to an extent) before you have to get jobs and be all old and mature and all of the above may be your idea of getting entertained on a Friday and Saturday night but looking back on your life on years to come, you won’t be proud of yourself.
Stay Beautiful, Be Brave and Become Sensible.
This has been #RantingWithEva
*Copyright Eva Nelson* ;)